- Ecare Africa (https://ecare.africa) – Ecare Africa is a Cloud based Customizable, Comprehensive and Integrated Hospital Management Information System Software in Kenya designed to manage all hospital or clinic operations. This has Outpatient and Inpatient, Pharmacy, Laboratory, Radiology, Inventory, E-Claim and Claims Management, Telemedicine, Mobile Apps, Tablet Versions, Online Scheduling, Secured Messaging, Doctor and Patient Portals, Accounting, Blood Bank, Mortuary, Alert System, Dietary, Feedback, Lab Machines and Biometric Integration, HL7/Integrated PACS, Business Intelligence and also provides integration to such channels as Mpesa, Airtel Money and other financial institutions. The system has specialist modules specifically designed for such medical specialists as Dentists, Gynaecologist’s, ophthalmologist’s, cardiologist’s, pediatricians among other specialists hence the system can be used with specific modules as a Dentist Practice Management System, Gynaecologist/Obstetrician Practice Management System or other specialists Practice Management System. The system is suitable for practices of any size from small, medium and large hospitals or clinics and the pricing model is very suitable especially for starting practices.
- AMS (Alliance Management Systems) http://ams.co.ke/ – This is a desktop based Hospital Management Information System mainly targeted towards very large hospitals. It’s also a comprehensive hospital software system with the main drawback being that it is not cloud based hence some features that require cloud services such as telemedicine are not available. The pricing of the software is a bit high upfront cost compared to other solutions such as Ecare Africa, DList or Intersoft.
- DList Technologies – DList offers a cloud based Hospital management system as well. Their system is also comprehensive, the main drawback we found was that it is not as easy and straight forward to use as compared to Ecare Africa and AMS and also has limited features as compared to the two.
- Intersoft – Intersoft offers the SmartCare System that is developed to support and fulfill the requirements for healthcare professionals by providing a full and secure access to control and process the relevant information when and where it is needed. It is a comprehensive system, and addresses a wide range of areas such as Clinical, Specialty, Financial and Administrative management.
- Aphicons – Aphicons offers a System that offers practitioners a secure, internet‐based software platform to manage all aspects of a Hospital/clinic including scheduling, billing, and patient care. The main drawback we saw with the software is the user interface is lacking and its lacking modern features such as telemedicine, financial integrations capabilities and the software seems outdated compared to the other systems.
You can also check out the respective marketing videos of the solutions here:
- Ecare Africa Hospital Management Information System Software – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYK87wrSW6Y
- Alliance Management System – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVtZ88fKF1k