Marketing your business, whether it is a physically located business or an online business is key to getting customers and doesn’t require a lot of time or money. Try these ideas:
- Set up a social media presence for your business on the platforms your potential customers frequent. For consumers, that’s probably Facebook, Instagram or YouTube; if you’re targeting businesses, use LinkedIn. Paid advertising on social media can also be an affordable way to target specific audiences.
- Answer questions people ask on Facebook groups to get noticed and promote yourself as an expert.
- Ask satisfied customers to refer others who might be interested in your product or service.
- Ask customers to sign up for marketing emails from your business.
- Get publicity by connecting with bloggers, online experts or other influencers to test or review your products or otherwise promote your business to their audience.
- Buddy up with other freelancers to refer business to each other or share projects. For example, if you’re a web designer, you could work with a graphic designer and a copywriter to make stellar websites.
- Network both online and off. Joining associations, local business groups or online business groups is a great marketing tool, especially if you sell to businesses.