The National Transport and Safety Authority (NTSA) collaborated with Huduma Kenya to enable citizens to be able to make their Smart driving license applications in Huduma centre’s across the country.
To apply for and get a Smart Driving License in Kenya, follow the following steps:
- Open the NTSA Self Service Web Portal on your browser: https://tims.ntsa.go.ke/login_csp.jsp
- You will be required to login. If you dont have an account click on the register button to input your details.
- If you are registering you will be required to input you National ID Serial Number as shown below.
Your serial number is present on the front of your National Id. If you are using an old generation national id that does not have the serial number printed on the front, please contact NTSA using the Mobile number provided on the NTSA Tims Portal for assistance, they will assist you with your serial number. The ID Serial number is not the same as your national id number.
5. After successful registration, you can now proceed to login to your account.
6. When you login to your account, you will be taken to the following dashboard.
7.To apply for your Smart DL, click on the Driving License option on the menu.
8. Then Choose the Apply for Smart DL menu option. Input the details in the fields as populated.
9. You will be required to pay Ksh.3,050 to apply for your smart driving license that will be valid for 3 years.
10. After successful payment, proceed to selection of your preferred appointment centre since this is where you will go for more details to be take. i.e. your passport photo and fingerprints. Also note that this will be where you will go to collection your driving license which will be ready after 3 weeks.
11. When booking an appointment, the available slots are those in white while those in red are already booked. When you book a slow the color changes to green. After you are done booking print the appointment slip.
12. On your appointment day, visit the NTSA office you chose, carry your National Id. If your national id is lost ensure you carry a copy of it.