A blog is a discussion or informational website published on the World Wide Web consisting of discrete, often informal diary-style text entries. Posts are typically displayed in reverse chronological order, so that the most recent post appears first, at the top of the web page.
Blogging refers to writing, photography, and other media that’s self-published online. Blogging started as an opportunity for individuals to write diary-style entries, but it has since been incorporated into websites for many businesses.
Blog Topics that Make the Most Money
Now let’s start narrowing down those categories to form a blog niche list. Here are some examples of blog niches that fit within one of the five broad categories.
- Health/Appearance – fitness blogs, healthy living blogs, Mom exercises that you can do with kids, whole 30 diet, keto diet, crunchy lifestyle, healthy kid-friendly recipes, healthy food blogs, natural remedies, beauty, fashion
- Wealth – investment, personal finance, saving for retirement, work at home, financial peace methods (Dave Ramsey), blogging (woo-hoo!), how to pay off student loans, how to save money on groceries, how to flip homes, business, direct sales, couponing, frugal living, consumer guides, product reviews
- Happiness – personal growth/personal development, goal setting, faith, mommy blogs, crafting, crochet, sewing, woodworking, writing, interior design, travel, sports, music, pets, gaming, movies, automobile
- Time – Time management strategies, how to clean your house quicker, how to organize to save time, routines, planners, homeschooling, how to guides, beginner’s guides
- Love/Relationships – How to improve your marriage, how to communicate better, how to love your kids more, positive parenting, how to make lasting friendships, how to find love, dating strategies, dating online, long-distance relationships, marriage counseling, love languages
Popular blog topics
Mommy blogs and parenting blogs, are a hugely popular blog niche. Being a momma is tough no matter how you do it.
If you are a stay at home mom, you might struggle with feelings of loneliness. Working moms may struggle with mom guilt from not being with their kids as much. Work at home moms may struggle with feeling torn between business obligations and spending time with the kids.
There are multiple pain points associated with parenting that people are seeking help with. Even big blogs like Motherly have a tough time covering all of them! This makes parenting blogs one of the most profitable blog niches since people are often willing to pay for help.
Some of us are better at managing them than others. Some people are concerned about investing, saving for retirement, frugal living, couponing, paying off student loans, or just not living paycheck to paycheck.
Needless to say, a finance blog can cover a range of topics. No matter your income, the finance blog niche is a very popular and profitable blog niche.
If you are not quite sure what to blog about in the beginning or you have several topics that you are interested in, you might consider starting a lifestyle blog.
In short, lifestyle blogs are about life. They usually cover several different topics and are a great way to take blogging for a “test drive” to see what you like blogging about the most. This makes them a very popular blog niche, especially for beginners.
DIY blogs focus on how to “do it yourself.” Do you have a certain hobby that you are passionate about sharing? Do you find yourself making crafts in your free time, doing home improvements, making candles or soap, woodworking, or some other hobby that leaves you with a product?
Lots of people would love to learn how to do what you love and a DIY blog is a great way to share it. It can also be a profitable blog niche because you can use affiliate links to recommend supplies, and might even be able to set up an Etsy store where you can sell your handmade products.
Health and Wellness Blogs
Living a healthy lifestyle is not always easy. Our health is one of the foundations of our happiness and satisfaction with our life. Keeping good health is priceless.
As evidenced by fitness places everywhere, people are willing to pay to keep in good health. If you are a personal trainer, a nutritionist, or maybe someone that just really enjoys cooking healthy meals, exercising, or talking about the benefits of certain diets such as Whole 30 or Keto, you could start a health and wellness blog.
People are always looking for new recipes to try. If you enjoy cooking and creating delicious recipes to share with your family and friends, then a food blog might be the perfect answer for you.
Food blogs can be generalized, or they can be very niche such as cookie recipes, soups, healthy eating, vegetarian meals, or meals for a family. Some food bloggers have even gone on to make cooking shows on public television.
Self Improvement Blogs
Many people are seeking to improve themselves. They want to know things such as how to worry less, how to stop overthinking, and how to have a happier life in general. Self Improvement and personal development blogs are committed to helping people live more fully, how to manage their time better, and how to stop habits that are harmful to their mental health.
All people have a desire to be loved and included. It ranks as third on Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs, right above physical needs and the need for safety. That’s pretty basic!
As a result, a relationship blog can be a very profitable blog niche if you have the knowledge or the passion to learn the things that make relationships work. This can be romantic relationships, but also includes other kinds of love such as kids, family, and friends.